The real classics remain forever in the hearts of the public, but in times of streaming, it is also important that they are just a click away. For those who miss TV shows, cartoons and series from the 80s, we list 10 successful productions of the time available on Brazilian streaming platforms. Check out!
Cartoons, programs and series from the 80s [streamings]
1. Class A Squadron (1983) – Oldflix
One of the most classic series of the 80s, Class A Squadron had as protagonists a quartet of veterans of the Vietnam War. Persecuted by the government for having been convicted of a crime they did not commit and escaped from jail, they begin to live as mercenaries, helping others who have been wronged.
- Creation: Frank Lupo and Stephen J. Cannell
- Episodes: 13 (1 season)
- Cast: Mr. T, George Peppard, Dirk Benedict and Dwight Schultz
2. Star Trek: The Next Generation (1987) – Netflix
Second and longest series in the Star Trek franchise, Star Trek: The New Generation takes place decades after the story of the original show. In this adventure, a new crew travels by the USS Enterprise spacecraft engaging in dangerous missions to explore the galaxy.
- Creation: Gene Roddenberry
- Episodes: 177 (7 seasons)
- Cast: Patrick Stewart and Marina Sirtis
3. Pirate TV (1988) – Globoplay
TV Globo’s hugely successful comedy show, TV Pirata, was made up of sketches, pictures and imitations of soap operas on its programming. With a sharp humor, and a cast that brought together strong names from comedy and television drama, the program satirized customs, productions, trends and people of the time.
- Creation: Guel Arraes and Cláudio Paiva
- Episodes: Sketches, pictures and novels
- Cast: Guilherme Karan, Ney Latorraca and Débora Bloch
4. The Knights of the Zodiac (1986) – Netflix and Oldflix
Based on the manga of the same name, The Knights of the Zodiac is an anime divided into four sagas, which gave rise to several animated feature films, electronic games and merchandising products. Its history follows five warriors, with armor and very powerful inner forces, whose mission is to protect the reincarnation of the Greek goddess Athena.
- Creation: Masami Kurumada
- Episodes: On Netflix: 114 (6 seasons / Sagas Sanctuary, Asgard and Poseidon); on Oldflix: 73 (1 season / Sanctuary saga)
5. Cave of the Dragon (1983) – Oldflix
Inspired by the RPG Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon’s Cave was canceled before its last episode aired. The drawing accompanies a group of friends who are teleported to a magical world, in which each of them acquires powers. Guided by the Master of Magicians, they face the evil Avenger and other adventures, while trying to find their way back home.
- Creation: Kevin Paul Coates, Mark Evanier and Dennis Marks
- Episodes: 26 (3 seasons)
6. MacGyver: Danger Profession (1985) – Oldflix
Series that is pure nostalgia of the 80s and transformed the name of its protagonist into a verb in the Oxford dictionary, MacGyver: Profession Perigo won a reboot in 2016. The title follows in the footsteps of a very intelligent secret agent, who solves his problems with a lot of creativity and face your enemies with common objects.
- Creation: Lee David Zlotoff
- Episodes: 22 (1 season)
- Cast: Richard Dean Anderson
7. The Simpsons (1989) – Disney +
On the air to this day, The Simpsons is an animated sitcom that spans 32 seasons. The animation follows in the footsteps of an ordinary American family, living in the city of Springfield, whose members, in addition to their outstanding personalities, get involved in situations that satirize the country’s lifestyle.
- Creation: Matt Groening
- Episodes: 44 (29th and 30th seasons)
8. The Super Machine (1982) – Oldflix
With a very unusual protagonist, a car, The Super Machine gave rise to several spin-offs, between films and series. In the original production, after almost dying, a policeman gains a new identity at the hands of a tycoon. The millionaire also equips him with a smart and highly technological car, which he starts to use to fight crime.
- Creation: Glen A. Larson
- Episodes: 21 (1 season)
- Cast: David Hasselhoff
9. DuckTales: The Adventure Hunters (1987) – Disney +
Based on the homonymous comics, DuckTales: The Adventure Hunters is a Disney cartoon that gave rise to an animated film and a reboot in 2017. In production, millionaire Tio Scrooge is in charge of taking care of his nephews Huguinho, Zezinho and Luizinho, when Donald Duck joins the Navy. Very smart, the boys start to help him on adventures so that his uncle can increase his fortune.
- Creation: Jymn Magon
- Episodes: 98 (2 seasons)
10. Magnum P.I. (1980) – Oldflix
Series that won a remake in 2018, Magnum P.I., despite the humorous tone and the action scenes, also debated political and social issues in its plot. The show had as protagonist a veteran of the Vietnam War, who starts to work as a private detective on the paradisiacal beaches of Hawaii.
- Creation: Donald Bellisario and Glen A. Larson
- Episodes: 22 (season 3)
- Cast: Tom Selleck
And you, would you like to see what designs, programs and series from the 80s are available in streamings? Tell us!
The catalog of streams was consulted on 12/05/2021.