Jakarta, IDN Times – The COVID-19 pandemic shows no signs of decline. Data from the World O Meter page as of Monday (29/6) records COVID-19 cases worldwide have exceeded more than 10 million. Where 2.6 million COVID-19 cases were found in the United States.
The number of deaths due to COVID-19 worldwide has also penetrated more than 500 thousand, to be exact 504,024. The addition of COVID-19 cases has become a nightmare, because on Thursday (5/21) the reported number of cases exceeded 5 million. Then, 38 days later similar cases increased by 5 million new cases of COVID-19.
News station report The BBC Monday (29/6) said COVID-19 will not reach its peak in South Asia and Africa until the end of July. Meanwhile, the COVID-19 outbreak will continue and spread massively throughout the world, with one million new cases in a period of six days.
Then, why is there an increase in COVID-19 cases in such a significant number?
1. United States contributed significantly increase compared to other countries in the world
Data quoted from the website of John Hopkins University show the most significant increase occurred in the United States, especially after they revoked the policy of limiting human movement, especially in the south. So do not be surprised if a significant increase occurred in states such as Texas and Florida.
At the end of last week, Florida reported more than 9,500 new cases of COVID-19. This figure is more increased compared to Friday which reached 9,000.
As a result of a significant increase in cases in the region, easing that was once carried out was canceled. Now the states are re-imposing restrictions on human movement.
The governor of the state of Texas, Greg Abott, ordered that the bars be temporarily closed. Meanwhile, restaurants are still allowed to open but with a limited visitor capacity of 75 percent.
“If I could turn back time and do it all again, then it would not be too hasty to reopen the bar,” Abott said when interviewed by media affiliated with the news station ABC, KIVA.com.
Meanwhile, US Vice President Mike Pence, who was supposed to hold campaigns in Arizona and Florida this week, was canceled.
Also Read: [LINIMASA-3] Recent Developments of the COVID-19 Pandemic in Indonesia
2. China re-enacted lockdown in the Anxin area
Meanwhile, China which had successfully conquered COVID-19, is feared to start entering the second wave of pandemics. It was marked on Sunday (28/6) yesterday, local authorities began to re-enact lockdown in the Anxin area near Hubei Province.
Continue reading the article below
In total there are around 500 thousand people who are prohibited from traveling outside and heading to the area.
3. List of 10 countries with the most COVID-19 cases in the world
Following is a list of 10 countries in the world that have the most cases of COVID-19. This data was taken from the World O Meter page on Monday (6/29):
1. United States (2.6 million positive cases, 128,436 patients died and 1,090,754 patients recovered)
2. Brazil (1.3 million positive cases, 57,622 patients died and 733,848 patients recovered)
3. Russia (634,437 positive cases, 9,073 patients died and 399,087 patients recovered)
4. India (549,197 positive cases, 16,487 patients died and 321,774 patients recovered)
5. United Kingdom (311,151 positive cases, 43,550 patients died and unknown number of patients recovered)
6. Spain (295,850 positive cases, 28,343 patients died and no known number of patients recovered)
7. Peru (279,419 positive cases, 9,317 patients died and 167,998 patients recovered)
8. Chile (271,982 positive cases, 5,509 patients died and 232,210 patients recovered)
9. Italy (240,310 positive cases, 10,508 patients died and 188,891 patients recovered)
10. Iran (222,669 positive cases, 16,487 patients died and 183,310 patients recovered)
Also Read: Innalillahi, Already 2,754 People Died due to Corona Virus