Sometimes Twitter users want to change their username because it is no longer suitable or feels inappropriate compared to a few years ago.
For example, an employee or businessman who wants to change his Twitter username because the account was created during the school period so that he has a slightly childish name.
For this reason, for Gadgets who want to change their Twitter username, they can see the tutorial as follows.
Replacing a Laptop or PC Username
- You can type https://twitter.com in the page column of a browser.
- On the Twitter timeline page, Gadgets can directly login using their username and password.
- After successfully logging in, the gadget can directly choose a small profile photo on the top right and choose the Settings and Privacy menu.
- In the Settings and Privacy menu, Gadgets will be faced with many menus. The topmost menu option reads Account.
- On the Account page, the Gadget goes directly to the Username column and changes its name as desired.
- If a replacement name is available, Available writings will be provided. But if the replacement name is already used by another user, Twitter will display the Username has already been taken.
- After the gadget gets the replacement name as desired, you can immediately press the Save changes button.
- The gadget can immediately refresh the browser and see if the username has been successfully replaced.
In my opinion, changing the username through a laptop or PC is very fast because the user can open the feature in just a few steps. Even Twitter saves the menu changing the username at the very top of the Settings menu.
Change your username on your Android phone
- First, the gadget can install the Twitter application on the smartphone first from Google Play.
- After opening the Twitter application, login with the account that you want to rename.
- On the timeline page, the gadget can choose a small profile photo in the upper left and choose the Settings and Privacy menu.
- Then the Gadget can choose the Account menu.
- Continue to the Username menu to replace with a new name.
- On the Change Username page, the Gadget can enter a new name in the New column.
- After a new name or replacement is deemed suitable, then the Gadget can directly choose the Done button.
- After this process is complete, the new name will automatically replace the old one.
You can say how to change your username via smartphone is as fast and easy. But in this case, Gadgets must have a Twitter application on the smartphone first.
Of course, Twitter allows users to change their username many times depending on the needs so don’t be afraid to fill in the contents.