Video editing software are programs in which you can create or do various manipulations with video. There are several types of video editors with different levels of complexity and technical capabilities. Choosing the right application will depend on the budget and the desired result.
As YouTube is the leading virtual video streaming platform, we’ve compiled a list of the best video publishers for you to post your videos on YouTube in high quality.
Movavi Video Editor Plus is one of the best video editors on the market for multimedia products aimed at the general user, with no professional requirements, Movavi Video Editor Plus offers users the ability to edit their video files even with a basic level of experience.
User will be able to cut, paste, add unusual visual effects, sign their video with different sources, import and export finished video files in various formats. It is also possible to play DVD and 3D video files, record video and audio data.
- Intuitive interface;
- Large number of transitions, filters and ready-made introductions;
- Fast video rendering;
- LUT support;
- Allows you to add photos and explanatory signs to instructional videos;
- Direct export to YouTube.
- It does not have histogram and color wheel.
Powerful video editing tool with support for RED R3D, DV, Quicktime, MXF, DVCPRO, DPX, XDCAM, H.264, AVI and more.
Lightworks is specialized software, thanks to its numerous built-in options and the ability to work with 4K, SD, Full HD and 720p resolutions. Lightworks is the ideal video editor for youtubers who already have a professional level of video editing.
- Convenient and flexible interface;
- Good optimization;
- Compatibility with all Windows versions;
- Work with any frame rate;
- Non-linear video editing;
- Integration in Explorer context menu;
- Multilayered special effects.
- Very complex management;
- English interface;
- Registration is mandatory;
- The free version is limited in functionality.
The most famous editor for iPhone, as it is produced by Apple itself. Since 2013, iMovie has become completely free for all new iPhone and iPad version owners. The app is simple to operate, so it is very popular with youtubers.
There are project templates, titles and transitions, the ability to work with Super HD and 4K resolution, chroma key (green background), cinema filters. You can also overlay your own audio tracks, record voice from a microphone, and incorporate sound effects.
- Integrated themes and project templates;
- Audio overlay and dubbing;
- Totally free.
- Some options are not available on older iPhone models.
Popular among professionals, powerful and functional software with simple and easy editing tools for beginners. Filmora works with most of the most popular formats, has a wide range of options for processing video, audio and photographic material.
User can use color filters and special effects, adjust clip duration, change image quality, screen aspect ratio, crop, resize and rotate.
- It has a huge library of filters and video transitions;
- The ability to work with graphic layers to add complex compositions and masks to the artboard;
- A convenient interface that lets you interact with elements by dragging them to different areas of the screen;
- Possibility to download beautiful effects from the Filmora app store;
- A wide selection of subtitles and text animations;
- Ability to edit videos in 4K format;
- An elegant interface with convenient grouping of files and tools in the appropriate sections;
- Support for GIF images;
- Ability to quickly remove noise;
- The need to install a 64-bit version of the operating system.
An online video editor with which you can perform basic video editing. The convenience lies in the fact that you can process videos this way on any computer. The free version has a saved file format limitation (480p). In 720p available in paid version. The tool is suitable for some minimal tasks, when you urgently need to edit a video and there is no desire or time to download or purchase the program.
- Simple interface;
- Registration is available via Facebook and Google;
- Works with color;
- Allows you to crop, scale and resize videos;
- You can add text and titles;
- Able to mirror the video;
- You can record screen and work with audio.
- Only the paid version has access to high definition and additional effects.
Final Cut Pro X is a video editor developed by Apple and is one of the best video editing software you can find for professional movie editing, being used by filmmakers all over the world.
One of the best features of this video editor is that it is designed in the Apple style of efficiency. It’s a pleasure to look at this software, especially when compared to the opaque UIs offered by competitors.
- Loads very fast;
- High quality effects and transitions;
- Recommended for YouTube vloggers;
- Exported files do not take up much space.
- Only available for macOS;
- Limited color correction capabilities.
Used to create complex movies or video clips with 3D effects. It also allows you to create videos for YouTube and upload them immediately from the platform.
HitFilm Express contains all the features you would expect from a video editor: editing, cutting, pasting, audio processing and much more. While some users might find HitFilm a little tricky to master, it is definitely one of the best free video editors out there. Plus, the free package includes over 180 special effects.
For novice users, there are tutorials based mainly on famous Hollywood movies like Star Wars.
In addition to the main functions of the program, there is a separate store where you can buy add-ons, but for most users they are not necessary as the free set should be more than enough.
- A huge variety of functions;
- Ideal for video editing professionals.
- It’s not the most user-friendly interface;
- It might seem daunting to novice users.
ApowerEdit puts a set of essential video editing tools at your fingertips, making creating your own projects effortless. No experience required – just dive in and start creating.
ApowerEdit filters are mostly fun effects to give your clips a boost before sharing them on social media, but there are also some handy effects like rotation.
To apply a filter, just drag it to the timeline and a new track will appear for the effect. There are also overlays – fun frames to add some extra interest to your creations.
- Clear and straightforward interface;
- Large selection of tools;
- Many export options.
- It lacks some professional level features (eg chroma-keying).
Each tool discussed above has its own unique features as well as pros and cons. Choosing “your” video editor is not an easy task, and here it pays to focus on personal feelings at work and financial capabilities.
To decide, download some programs and try them out for free.
What program do you use to edit YouTube videos?