Various access to public transportation have gradually resumed operations as they enter the period new normal or new normal. One that is loved by many people, especially when traveling, namely ships.
The resumption of ship activities must be followed by several terms and conditions that must be done. Here are some conditions and tips when traveling by ship when you are able to apply the new normal.
1. Requirements to board a ship in the new normal era
After the resumption of ship ticket sales, PT Pelayaran Nasional Indonesia (PELNI) also conveyed several requirements that must be met by prospective passengers. Here are some conditions when boarding a ship in time new normal.
- Passengers must have a National Identity Card (KTP) with the port of destination. Otherwise, visitors will not be allowed to board the ship.
- Have a PCR test result or letter rapid test with negative information. If the area of origin does not have both facilities, passengers are required to bring a health certificate issued by the local hospital or puskesmas.
- Buy boat tickets on an international basis on line or non-cash. This was explained in Circular Letter (SE) of the COVID-19 Task Force Number 4 of 2020 and Circular Letter (SE) of the Director General of Hubla Number 21 of 2020.
- Passengers are required to wear masks before and after boarding the ship. Officers do not hesitate to reject passengers who violate these requirements.
If there are passengers who do not meet the requirements and are already on the boat, the officer will isolate them in a special room. After that, passengers will be dropped off at the nearest port.
2. Various security and control of Ship Operators
Continue reading the article below
The ships are also given directions to seek safety and comfort for passengers during this new normal.
The following are various efforts that have been regulated in Circular Letter (SE) No. 21 of 2020 concerning Guidelines for the Implementation of People’s Travel by Sea Transportation in the Adaptation Period of New Habits Towards Productive and Safe Communities Corona Virus Disease 2019 (Covid-19).
- Comply with and implement the provisions stipulated in Circular (SE) of the Chairperson of the Task Force for the Acceleration of Handling COVID19 No. 4 of 2020.
- Ensuring that prospective passengers meet the requirements before being given a ticket or transport document.
- Perform ticket booking services for prospective passengers at the head office and branch offices offline as well as on line and prohibited from increasing rates.
- Implement distance and control the number of queues.
- Serve the process refund, reroute, and reschedule for passengers who fail to leave, without additional charges.
- Implementation reroute or reschedule passenger cruise is valid for one booking within a year.
3. Tips for traveling by ship when new is normal
Another important thing you must do is to maintain cleanliness and health while on the boat. If you plan to travel by ship during this new normal period, try to apply the following tips.
- Make sure your health is in prime condition. If you feel pain, you should first postpone your trip until it has fully recovered.
- Buy your ticket on line only. Although there are several counters open at the port, buying online is certainly safer.
- Always cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing. Use your inner hand or cover it with a tissue.
- Apply physical distancing while in the ship. If you feel you have too many people inside, come out and get some fresh air.
- Bring hygiene support items, such as hand sanitizerdry wipes and alcohol wipes. That way, you can wash your hands practically.
- Do not occasionally open and close your mask in the ship, remember there are many people there. Bring a spare mask just in case.
Those are some of the requirements and tips when traveling by ship in new normal times. Complete your documents and files, so that later there will be no problems when traveling. Keep your health and always be vigilant!
Also Read: Terms and Tips for Plane Ride in New Normal, Do You Know?