The next year marks the 25th anniversary of the Pokémon franchise and also the fifth year of life for the mobile game. To celebrate the dates, on February 20, the paid event Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto will allow players to capture all species in the region in Shiny form, including the mythical Mew. Tickets are already being sold in the game.
Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto it is scheduled to take place on February 20, between 9 am and 9 pm local time. This will require a race between players to complete the proposed challenges, which includes capturing the original 150 of Kanto.
How will the Kanto event work?
When purchasing the ticket from Pokémon GO Tour, the player will choose between two paths: Red or Green, as well as in the first games of the franchise. Each path will have searches and exclusive Pokémon, to complete the capture of the original 150, it will be necessary to find other people with the opposite version to make the switch – something that remains today in the main games, such as Sword and Shield.
All 150 of these Kanto Pokémon can be found in the Shiny version, although some of them have never won one – the species variant will remain even after the event ends. After the completion of the special research Pokémon GO Tour, another (more difficult) survey will be released to give access to the mythical Mew Shiny – currently, players can only catch Mew once in the game.
Tickets already on sale in the store for R $ 69.90, but those who do not buy the ticket can also participate, with some limitations, of course.
Pokémon GO Tour ticket event
In the full paid version, these will be the news for the event:
- All Pokémon of Kanto will appear in nature, in raids, in meetings of research tasks or by incense;
- Special rewards for collecting 150 Kanto Pokémon (not counting Mew);
- Choice of the Red or Green path, with exclusive species and more chances to find certain Pokémon Shiny (below);
- Access to special research Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto, which will take another search to find Mew Shiny;
- More sweets with each captured Kanto Pokémon.
If the player fails to capture the 150 Kanto on the day of the event, he will have until February 27 to complete the challenges.
Event without Pokémon GO Tour ticket
With limitations, players who do not buy the ticket can enjoy it as follows (the benefits below are also valid for those who buy):
- Appearance of Kanto Pokémon in nature and raids;
- Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos and Mewtwo will return to the legendary raids;
- Access to the temporary survey of the event (not the special one);
- Exchanges can be made with a distance of 40 kilometers.
Unique to each version
|Version||Exclusive Pokémon||Greater chance of Shiny|
|Red||Ekans, Oddish, Mankey, Growlithe, Scyther and Electabuzz will be more attracted by incense||Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pidgey, Ekans, Pikachu, Female Nidoran, Oddish, Diglett, Mankey, Growlithe, Ponyta, Shellder, Drowzee, Krabby, Hitmonlee, Lickitung, Scyther, Electabuzz, Eevee, Kabuto and Dratini|
|Green||Sandshrew, Vulpix, Meowth, Bellsprout, Magmar and Pinsir will be more attracted to incense||Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pidgey, Pikachu, Sandshrew, Nidoran ♂, Vulpix, Meowth, Psyduck, Bellsprout, Geodude, Exeggcute, Hitmonchan, Koffing, Tangela, Horsea, Magmar, Pinsir, Eevee, Omanyte and Dratini.|
Early ticket purchase bonuses
Players who buy tickets to the event Pokémon GO Kanto: Tour in advance, they will win the special survey ticket for Community Day in January and February 2021.
- For the January 2021 Community Day, the entry of Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto must be purchased by January 13;
- For the February 2021 Community Day, the entry of Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto must be purchased by February 3rd.
Have Poké Balls and Raid Passes at a Distance, good luck!
With information: Pokémon GO.