A Netflix is 1 of the 10 most downloaded apps worldwide, whether on device iOS, whether in Android. THE streaming service surpassed the number of 200 million subscribers worldwide during the year 2021.
However, some users may experience issues when trying to use the app on their mobile phones, tablets and smart TVs. This situation, fortunately, can be corrected through the step-by-step guide that we will teach below.
Netflix incompatible with device
Even with the message that the device is incompatible, it is possible to install the Netflix app and watch series and movies. (Source: Pexels/Cottombro/Reproduction)Source: Pexels/Cottombro/Reproduction
The message “this app is not compatible with your device” usually appears when your device has an outdated version of Android or iOS or even Netflix. A simple uninstall and reinstall of the app may solve the problem, but it will also delete the downloaded movies and series on the device.
- Tap and hold the Netflix app.
- Drag the app to the trash at the top of the screen (Android) or tap “X” in the upper right corner (iOS) and press “Delete”.
- Open the Play Store (on Android devices) or the App Store (iOS) and search for “Netflix”.
- Tap install.
- Please try using the app again.
If these steps don’t solve the problem, rest assured that your device can still access Netflix. However, you will need to take some additional actions.
Android incompatible with Netflix
(Source: Pixabay/amrothman/Reproduction)Source: Pixabay/amrothman/Reproduction
Some older versions of Android support the Netflix app, but don’t run the app downloaded directly from the Play Store. This happens with Android device version between 4.4.2 and 7.1.2.
How to check Android version?
Checking the Android version can be done from the steps following.
- Open the “Settings” app.
- Tap “System” at the bottom of the screen.
- Select “System Update”.
- Choose the “System Version” option.
Netflix on Android version between 4.4.2 and 7.1.2.
If your Android version is between 4.4.2 and 7.1.2, a version downloaded directly from Netflix may solve the problem and allow normal use of the streaming service on your mobile, tablet or smart TV with the operating system. To do this, follow the instructions below.
- Tap “Settings”.
- Tap “Apps and Notifications”.
- Tap “App info”.
- Select Chrome.
- Tap “Advanced”.
- Select “Install unknown apps”.
- Choose “Allow from this source”.
- From within Chrome, go to help.netflix.com/pt/node/57688 and select “Tap here to download the Netflix app”.
- Confirm “Install” in the message that appears.
- Access the app again.
iOS device incompatible with Netflix
Netflix doesn’t usually have a problem on iOS versions from 5.0, however iPads can display a message. incompatibilityand. (Source: Pixabay/Souvik Banerjee/Reproduction)Source: Pixabay/Souvik Banerjee/Reproduction
The message “This app is not compatible with your device” may be displayed on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. The Netflix app is completely incompatible with iOS versions less than 5.0 OS, but can still work on versions up to 14.0 if they have already been installed.
How to check iOS version?
To check your iOS version, follow the steps below.
- Access your device settings.
- Tap in general.
- Select “About”.
- The operating system version will be displayed.
Resolving incompatibility on the iPad
Also, the issue may occur on some iPads, even with the most up-to-date iOS versions. Unlike Android, the solution to the problem on iOS is in the App Store itself, without the need to resort to the app downloaded directly from the Netflix website. Check out the steps below.
- Open the App Store on your iPad.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap “Purchased”.
- Locate the Netflix app and tap “Download” or the cloud icon.
- Open the app.
Resolving incompatibility through iTunes
Even if your iOS device is not the right version to download and run the Netflix app, there is a way to solve the problem using iTunes. For this, the program must be version 12.6.5 or later.
- Open iTunes and select “Apps” from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the “App Store” button and search for “Netflix”.
- Make sure you’re signed in with the same Apple ID account you use on your iPhone, iPad, or iTouch, then download the Netflix app to your computer.
Make the popcorn and enjoy
The habit of eating popcorn while watching movies was inherited from the cinema for Netflix users. (Source: Pixabay/Roy Buri/Reproduction)Source: Pixabay/Roy Buri/Reproduction
After opening the application, just choose the series or movie from the approximately 4 thousand titles available in Brazil. In order not to get lost among so many options, you can check which are the best marathon works. So, just make the popcorn and enjoy.
Did you like the tips? Share it to help others.