THE Moto G9 Plus is the new premium intermediary cell phone from Motorola. Revealed this Thursday (10), the model arrives in Brazil with a 64 megapixel camera with night vision, 128 GB of space and a large 6.8 inch screen, costing R $ 2,499. The company also took the opportunity to launch a simpler variant, the Moto G9 Play, which gained significant hardware upgrades over its predecessor.
Moto G9 Plus has Snapdragon 730G and huge screen
One of the advances in Moto G9 Plus is on the screen: in place of the 6.3-inch Moto G8 Plus, we have a new 6.8-inch panel with Full HD + resolution and, for the first time on the line, HDR10 certification to play content with greater dynamic range. The device became heavier (223 grams), including due to the 5,000 mAh battery, which can be charged with a 30-watt adapter included in the box.
The quad rear camera inherits the night vision feature, present in some Motorola One phones, for taking pictures in the dark. The main sensor is 64 megapixels and comes with ultrawide, macro and depth cameras. The front camera, 16 megapixels, is now in a small hole in the upper left corner of the screen.
The RAM remains at 4 GB, as in the predecessor, but Motorola decided to double the storage capacity to 128 GB, keeping the entry for microSD. The processor is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G octa-core, which Motorola says offers 57% more performance and 20% more energy efficiency than the Moto G8 Plus, with Snapdragon 665.
The NFC chip for payments for approaching Google Pay is back (yay!) And the fingerprint reader ended up on the right side; on the other side is a new dedicated button for Google Assistant.
With suggested price of R $ 2,499, the Moto G9 Plus starts to be sold in Brazil this Thursday (10) in blue and rose gold colors. For that amount, Motorola starts to compete directly with the Samsung Galaxy A71 and with another similar device of the brand itself, the Motorola One Fusion +.
Our review of the Moto G9 Plus will be published soon. What do you want to know about him?
Moto G9 Play gets 4 GB of RAM and triple camera
THE Moto G9 Play it was also promoted within the Motorola line, especially in the memories, which doubled to 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of space. It also received an upgrade on the processor from the previous generation, which was equipped with an intermediate chip from MediaTek; the new model features the 2.0 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 octa-core.
The rear of the Moto G9 Play houses a fingerprint reader and a square with three cameras, the main one being 48 megapixel with f / 1.7 aperture lens. The model can also capture portraits with defocused backgrounds with the help of the depth sensor and record objects in macro – the new lens has replaced the ultrawide of the previous generation.
Like the Moto G9 Plus, the smaller brother has a dedicated Google Assistant button and comes with Android 10 as standard. To Tecnoblog, product manager Thiago Masuchette says that the Moto G9 line devices have a guaranteed Android version update and quarterly security fixes for two years.
With a 5,000 mAh battery and available in blue, green and pink, the Moto G9 Play has a suggested price of R $ 1,599.
Motorola Moto G9 Plus – specs:
- Screen: 6.8-inch LTPS with Full HD + (2400 × 1080 pixels) and HDR10 resolution
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G octa-core up to 2.2 GHz and Adreno 618 GPU
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 128 GB (with microSD input up to 512 GB)
- Frontal camera: 16 megapixels (f / 2.0)
- Quadruple rear camera:
- Main: 64 megapixel (f / 1.8)
- Macro: 2 megapixels (f / 2.2)
- Depth: 2 megapixels (f / 2.2)
- Ultrawide: 8 megapixels (f / 2.2)
- 4K recording at up to 30 fps
- Drums: 5,000 mAh with 30 watt TurboPower charging
- Connectivity: 4G, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11a / b / g / n / ac, GPS, Glonass, Galileo, 3.5mm headphone jack, FM radio and NFC
- Extras: fingerprint reader on the side
- Dimensions: 170 × 78.1 × 9.7 mm
- Weight: 223 grams
Motorola Moto G9 Play – specs:
- Screen: 6.5 inch IPS LCD with HD + resolution (1600 × 720 pixels)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 octa-core up to 2.0 GHz and Adreno 610 GPU
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 64 GB (with microSD input up to 256 GB)
- Frontal camera: 8 megapixels (f / 2.2)
- Triple rear camera:
- Main: 48 megapixels (f / 1.7)
- Macro: 2 megapixels (f / 2.2)
- Depth: 2 megapixels (f / 2.4)
- Full HD recording at up to 60 fps
- Drums: 5,000 mAh with TurboPower charging
- Connectivity: 4G, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11a / b / g / n / ac, GPS, Glonass, Galileo, 3.5 mm headphone jack and FM radio
- Extras: fingerprint reader at the rear
- Dimensions: 165.2 × 75.7 × 9.2 mm
- Weight: 200 grams