AFTER the case of an infected tennis player in Zadar and a new case in the Koprivnica hospital, the measures adopted by the National Civil Protection Headquarters on Sunday are being expanded.
Božinović confirmed the extension of measures to Zadar County, measures will be valid in Koprivnica-Križevci County where a new case has appeared
Measures prohibiting visits to hospitals and homes for the elderly, except in Zagreb and in the Zagreb, Split-Dalmatia and Osijek-Baranja counties, are also valid in Zadar County as of today. As far as we know, the introduction of new measures is not being considered yet.
A ban on visits to homes for the elderly after a new case of coronavirus was confirmed on Sunday evening in a patient from Koprivnica General Hospital “Dr. Tomislav Bardek”, according to the decision of the Koprivnica-Križevci County Headquarters, is now in force in that county, and visits are banned in Koprivnica Hospital .
Interior Minister Davor Bozinovic confirmed to Index tonight that new measures are being introduced in Zadar County after Bulgarian tennis player Grigor Dimitrov was diagnosed with coronavirus, which is why the Adria Tour tennis tournament was suspended just before the final. Police, after the tournament was abruptly interrupted, began removing people from the stadium complex, including an open-air bar where people gathered.
Tonight, the Minister of the Interior and Chief of the National Staff Davor Božinović confirmed to Index that a decision is being made to extend the measures to Zadar County because of everything.
“We are making a decision, as of Monday, due to the new situation, visits to hospitals and homes for the elderly in Zadar County will be banned,” Bozinovic told Index late tonight.
As he told us, a team of experts will be formed in Zadar tomorrow to deal with this case.
The headquarters called the citizens of Zadar who were in contact with the infected tennis player to contact them, tennis players tested in the parking lot
The Zadar headquarters announced everything earlier tonight.
“Residents of Zadar County who suspect infection, or who have been in close contact with the tennis player, should contact the epidemiologist on duty at 098 / 332-765 and their doctor. The Zadar County Public Health Institute will introduce an additional telephone line and additional emergency services from tomorrow. We would like to remind you once again that epidemiological measures are in force, which include maintaining social distance, which is the most important in preventing the spread of coronavirus, and that we must be responsible, “said the Zadar County Headquarters.
Dimitrov has been in Zadar since Wednesday, which means that until today, when he returned to Monaco, he spent five days in the tournament and played in two tennis tournaments. But as part of other activities, he played football and basketball. First with his fellow tennis players, Đoković, Čilić, Ćorić, Zverev, etc., and later with the spectators, which was part of the Adria Tour event program. Apart from the tennis players in Zadar, he was in contact with hundreds, and maybe thousands of people, including a large number of children as part of Kids Day.
Testing of some tennis players, including Croatian tennis players Marin Čilić and Borna Ćorić, was done tonight in the parking lot in front of the Zadar Institute of Public Health, and according to Serbian media, the biggest star of the tournament, Serbian tennis player Novak Đoković, went to Belgrade immediately. deciding whether to test.
The team of the Zadar Basketball Club, which played basketball with him, was also in contact with the infected tennis player Grigor Dimitrov, and according to the information available so far, they will be tested collectively.
Plenković was at the tournament, the government announced
The tournament was also visited by Prime Minister Andrej Plenković. The government announced everything tonight at the request of Index.
“Prime Minister Plenković was not in contact with tennis player Grigor Dimitrov, who also left Croatia before the prime minister came to the Adria Tour in Zadar,” the government told Index.
The photos show that the Prime Minister did not keep his distance in the stands in Zadar, but the government assures that Plenković was at the tournament for a short time and that he did not stay long.
The government also commented on Plenković’s meeting with Novak Đoković, who was in contact with Dimitrov, and assessed the meeting as very short.
Former president Kolinda Grabar Kitarović and her husband Jakov were also in the stands.
> PHOTO Plenković and Kolinda were at the tournament where the infected tennis player was also present
What follows now
We contacted the epidemiologist on duty in Zadar, who told us that he had already received a significant number of calls from citizens.
“The whole process of epidemiological investigation is underway and it is too early to say anything concrete. Tomorrow we have a lot of work to do, it has already started tonight. A lot of people called us, I can’t tell you the exact number, but we will have a complete epidemiological picture over the course of tomorrow, “he told us, then went on about people who had already called:
“We have been contacted by various people who have made and who have not made close contact with the source of the infection. You need to take time for everyone, listen to him, give advice. I really can’t say the number, but there will be time to count,” he added.
We asked him what the procedure was now.
The text continues below the ad
“All, by epidemiological definition, close contacts must necessarily be in self-isolation. Those who have made contacts but are not defined as significant or close, they will not need to take special measures other than the usual.”
We asked him how he commented on the whole case. Was there an omission?
“I would not comment on anything, except that it is evident, regardless of the easing of measures, that many do not adhere to the prescribed measures and that saddens me as an epidemiologist. I mean first of all a measure of physical distance, and it is certainly not the only measure it does not respect, and it is still in force, ”he concluded.
Epidemiologist Kaić: The measure of physical distance has been violated, contacts need to be found, placed in self-isolation and everything tested
We also talked about the whole case with epidemiologist Bernard Kaić. He did not know at first what it was about, but after we briefly explained to him what had happened in Zadar, he commented on the case.
“As a rule, the first step should be to identify all contacts of the infected tennis player, then all such should be placed in self-isolation and tested. If they develop symptoms, they should certainly be tested, if not, it would be good to test again to see if someone is asymptomatic positive.” , he said briefly.
We asked Kaic if there were any omissions here.
“According to the instructions for outdoor sports competitions published on the official website of the CNIPH, we have clearly stated the recommendation that a distance of at least 1.5 meters must be maintained between the athlete and the audience. If the infected tennis player did not adhere to it, yes, this is an omission “, added Kaić.
“It is theoretically possible that Djokovic infected Plenković”
Dimitrov played basketball with other tennis players on Thursday, among others, he was in close contact with Djokovic. On Saturday, Prime Minister Plenković visited the Zadar tournament and greeted Đoković, that is, was in his immediate vicinity, and also met with Ćilić.
“Basketball is a sport where there is close contact, that’s for sure. But it doesn’t have to mean that Dimitrov infected Djokovic or any of the other tennis players during that game. But if Djokovic and Dimitrov were in close contact playing basketball, two days later the prime minister was in contact with Djokovic, there is a theoretical possibility that he transmitted the infection to him, “said Kaic.
“Now there is no choice but to assess exactly who Dimitrov was in contact with. Put his contacts in self-isolation and test them all, there is no other. It is very important to identify all contacts, not to miss anyone. However, I must say that nothing of this it’s not really surprising, I see at every turn that people are not adhering to the measures. “
In the end, we asked Kaić if it was necessary to test tennis players who came to Zadar from Serbia, ie Belgrade, where the increased number of new patients has been a big problem for weeks.
“Actually, no. There is no obligation for testing or quarantine for people coming from Serbia,” he concluded.
The organizer of the Adria Tour was also announced
The organizer of the Adria Tour officially announced Dimitrov.
“Bulgarian tennis player Grigor Dimitrov tested positive for coronavirus. A positive test was confirmed tonight in Monaco, Monte Carlo. As a precaution and in order to protect all tournament participants, visitors and organizers, the Adria team decided to postpone the grand final where Djokovic and Rubles “, they wrote and added:
“All the time we strictly adhered to epidemiological measures in places and in the countries where the Adria Tour was organized. None of the people from the organization of the tournament were in contact with Grigor or have symptoms. However, we are in contact with health professionals to ensure that all We did not want to take any risks, we decided to postpone the final match, and the concert of Petar Graša, which was supposed to take place after the finals, was postponed.
Measures in the Koprivnica-Križevci case after the discovery of a new case in the Koprivnica hospital
Apart from Zadar, a worrying situation has also appeared in Koprivnica, but the concern there is still, at least for now, less than in Zadar.
After confirming the infection of a patient from the Koprivnica hospital who was confirmed as an asymptomatic carrier of the coronavirus after testing, the Koprivnica-Križevci County headquarters issued a statement confirming that the measures were being extended to their county.
The Civil Protection Headquarters of Koprivnica-Križevci County informs the public that in the county, after the results of the findings of three tested persons from the general population, a new case of COVID-19 was confirmed. It is a patient of the General Hospital “Dr. Tomislav Bardek” who protocols before further medical treatment tested for COVID-19 infection and after the initial negative finding, retesting confirmed as an asymptomatic carrier of coronavirus.
The patient, together with four other patients who were in close contact, was cared for and transferred to isolation at the Infectious Diseases Department of Koprivnica Hospital in accordance with protocols and instructions prescribing parameters of infectious patients, and after epidemiological treatment .
In the afternoon, the Civil Protection Headquarters of Koprivnica-Križevci County, given the current epidemiological situation, passed a Conclusion on the ban on visits and visits of users of social welfare institutions (homes for the elderly and infirm in the county, private family homes and foster families). ) And canceled visits to the Koprivnica hospital until further notice.
The Civil Protection Headquarters of Koprivnica-Križevci County reminds that all current and verified information is published promptly and promptly on the Koprivnica-Križevci County website and through a press release immediately upon receipt of official test results for COVID-19 infection.
In this way, the County Civil Protection Headquarters once again appeals to citizens to behave responsibly and adhere to all general measures and instructions on physical distancing and reducing social contact, maintaining hygiene standards and disinfection, which are crucial for preventing the spread of disease, “he said. is the Koprivnica-Križevci headquarters.