Several months after the release of Kodi 19, the publisher launched an update 19.1 and fixed many bugs while repairing many extensions broken since the switch to Kodi 19. In a first upload, the publisher had also announced the ‘arrival of Kodi 19.1 on Xbox before retracting a few hours later, due to the discovery of major bugs. Kodi nevertheless asserts that support for Xboxes will be required from Kodi 19.2.
Kodi updates to version 19.1 – an incremental update that mainly aims to improve compatibility with extensions released before Kodi 19 and to fix many bugs reported by users. The arrival of Kodi 19 received a mixed reception. Many users complained that many popular extensions have stopped working, so that many users preferred to stay under version 18.
Kodi 19.1 improves the situation a bit, and updates just about every element of the interface to reduce the occurrence of bugs. It is also a question of fixing specific problems with certain interactions such as the appearance of black screens on Windows 10 and SMB sharing problems on Android. In a first upload Kodi also announced the arrival of Kodi 19.1 on Xbox before retracting.
Check out the Kodi 19.1 release notes
The publisher explains in fact having discovered a new bug that completely prevents you from downloading add-ons on Xbox: “That’s why we had to remove version 19.1 for xbox – sorry guys. Hope we will fix this in some version 19.2 ″, the editor apologizes. Here are the full Kodi 19.1 release notes:
- Bug fix: HDR metadata is now detected in VP9 profile 2 streams and can be used on platforms that support HDR passthrough or tone sampling when playing such videos.
- Bug fix: DVD playback on Linux
- Fix: BD-J Blu-ray chapter skipping via remotes / keyboard
- Fix: Context menu not accessible in PVR guide window when using very basic remote to control Kodi
- Fix: Client channel name and number did not persist when changed
- Fix: Play count and resume position of lost recordings after restarting Kodi
- Fix: crash while browsing EPG when MySQL is used as EPG database
- Bugfix: Next record on … tag time is not located in Timer / Estuary Timer rules window
- Fix: Channel manager does not rename backend channel
- Bug fix: read archived program not selected when opening Guide window
- Fix: GUI not updated when deleting / inserting / hiding / showing channel groups
- Update: Improved appearance of PVR windows in the Estuary
- Fix: issue with music where only the first track was added to the library when re-crawled, the rest being deleted
- Bug fix: PVR – Reintroduction of diffusion properties ‘hastimer ‘,‘ hastimerrule’, ‘hasrecording ‘,‘ recording’
- Bug Fix: PVR – Reintroduced ‘isrecording ‘channel property
- Fix: System font detection on Windows for ASS subtitles
- Fix: detection of user fonts (in user data / fonts) for ASS subtitles
- Fix: Render semi-transparent ASS subtitles on Wayland
GUI / Interface
- Fix: multimedia markup for DVD / BluRay
- Chorus2 update based on community contributions
- Update: Caching enabled by default for network file systems
- Update: Improved handling of file cache errors
- Update: Improved reliability of HTTP and NFS network file systems
- New: Support for the WS-Discovery protocol which allows you to locate SMB servers and browse shared folders using SMBv3.
- New: debug Info OSD Video. Extends the current debugging info player (Ctrl + Shift + O) with new video info (Alt + O)
- Bug fix: with some unusual streams incorrect HDR metadata could be transmitted (HDR10 passthrough).
- Fix: Green screen on systems with older HW (DX functionality level 9.1) playing 10-bit video.
- Bug fix: Black screen with software rendering method and with DXVA2 hardware acceleration disabled.
- Bug fix: Green screen when playing some DVD menu (MPEG2 SD only).
- Fix: Credentials are requested for anonymous SMB shares
- Updated the VC runtime environments included in the installer that adds compatibility with VS2019 and VS2017
- Fix: System-level mounted SMB shares not visible in Kodi
- Fix: SMB shares tagged with unique identifiers (UUIDs) instead of actual disk name
Download Kodi 19.1