E-books are an excellent option for reading lovers who are looking for convenience when reading their books while traveling, or even on shorter commutes such as home to work, for example. With smartphones or tablets, it is possible to have access to a huge collection of titles in the palm of our hands, with the advantage that many titles are free.
Today, TecMundo presents a list of different applications to read free books and magazines on devices, Android, iOS or even on the PC. Check out!
iOS has an app called Apple Books where you can find a large collection of books. It is possible to purchase renowned titles, or have a library only with the platform’s free e-books.
Apple Books gives you access to thousands of ebooks.Source: Disclosure / Apple
See how to access:
1. Open the Apple Books app on your iOS.
2. On the application’s main screen, go to the “Book Store” tab.
At the bottom of the screen, select the “Book Store” option.Source: Reproduction / TecMundo
3. Then go to the “Explore Sections” option (as shown in the image below).
In “Explore sections” you can view the categories of e-books on the platform.Source: Reproduction / TecMundo
4. Now select the option “Free and on offer”.
Go to the “Free and on offer” option to check out the free books.Source: Reproduction / TecMundo
5. The next screen will show a series of books on sale, but also several free options.
6. Select the title you want to have in your library. Then click on the “Get” option.
By pressing “Get”, the book will automatically go to your library.Source: Reproduction / TecMundo
7. Now just wait for the download and check it in your library.
As with iOS, Android also has its native app for reading e-books: Google Play Books. To add free titles to your library, just follow the step by step below:
Google Play Books main page.Source: Reproduction / TecMundo
1. Access the Play Store from your Android.
2. In the virtual store, click on the option “Books”.
Select the “Books” option.Source: Reproduction / TecMundo
3. Then choose the “Top Free Books” tab.
Go to the “Top Free Books” tab.Source: Reproduction / TecMundo
4. You will be taken to a list of the most downloaded free books. Choose a title that interests you.
5. Then click on the option “Free e-book”.
Hit the blue button to add the book to your collection.Source: Reproduction / TecMundo
6. If you don’t have the Google Play Books app, it will start downloading. Otherwise, just wait for the title to download and when it’s finished it will be available in your library.
Through the Wattpad app
Wattpad is a platform that brings together writers and readers. It is possible to access millions of books by great authors, or those who are starting their journey in the world of literature. In addition, you can also write your own short story and share it with the community.
Wattpad main page.Source: Reproduction / TecMundo
Although free, Wattpad has a Premium version free of ads and with some advantages, such as the possibility to create your own title library.
See how to use the service:
1. Log in to the Wattpad app and create your profile.
2. Next, say if you are a reader or writer, and then define your main tastes.
It is possible to import your profile in other networks to create your registration in Wattpad.Source: Reproduction / TecMundo
3. Titles based on your favorite themes will appear on the main screen of the app. However, it is possible to browse any category.
Wattpad’s main page will show titles according to your preferences. Source: Reproduction / TecMundo
4. Now just choose the title you want and start enjoying reading.
Choose the title you want, then click on the “Start reading” button.Source: Reproduction / TecMundo
Through the Download Books website
The websiteDownload Book is a kind of virtual library, in which there are several classics of national and international literature. In it, you can find books in the public domain, and download them in PDF format.
1. Access the official website for Download Books.
2. Choose the desired title.
3. Then press the “Download Book” button.
If you are on your PC, by right-clicking on “Download Book”, you can save it on your HD in PDF format.Source: Reproduction / TecMundo
4. You will be redirected to the website with the title in PDF format. If you want to download it on your cell phone, use an application to download the content and store it on your device to read whenever you want.
You can read the book directly on the website, or download it to your PC, mobile phone or tablet.Source: Reproduction / TecMundo
Still have any questions? Tell us here in the comments.