Facebook Pay is a virtual payment service that allows you to transfer monetary amounts via Facebook, Messenger, Whatsapp and Instagram apps. With it, you can transfer a value to someone else, buy a product for sale on social media, and make donations to your favorite streamer.
Today, TecMundo shows in detail what the service is, if it is a safe alternative, and how you can create a register to start using it. Check out:
What is Facebook Pay
Facebook Pay is a service where you can receive and make payments via Facebook, Instagram, Messenger or Whatsapp. Transactions made by the applications are authorized by the Central Bank and processed by the company Cielo.
With Facebook Pay you can receive and send payments via Whatsapp, Facebook, Messenger and InstagramSource: Diego Borges / Reproduction
With Facebook Pay it is also possible to purchase products sold in the aforementioned applications without having to leave them. It is also possible to make donations to streamers on Facebook Gaming.
The use of Facebook Pay on the company’s social networks does not have any fees. However, if you own a commercial establishment and want to accept the service as a payment alternative, you will be charged a fee similar to that of credit card companies and other virtual payment services.
Facebook Pay also has a feature with the history of transactions through the serviceSource: Facebook
Is Facebook Pay safe?
Facebook Pay has a security layer that uses biometrics and a personal PIN (six-number codes) to transfer value. In addition, it is worth remembering that, in the case of Whatsapp, conversations are already encrypted end-to-end.
The service also has a transaction history that shows all amounts that were sent and their recipients. If you find any transaction that has not been made by you, just notify customer service support for reimbursement of the amount and security updates, such as changing your PIN code.
Facebook Pay has a secure system for transferring money between banksSource: Facebook
Even so, it is always important to emphasize that you must keep your social networks safe, such as Facebook and Instagram. To do this, always leave 2-step verification enabled, and change your password if you’ve noticed any unusual activity on your accounts.
How to register cards on Facebook Pay
1. On your Whatsapp, go to the “Settings” menu, and then to the “Payments” option;
In your Whatsapp settings, go to the “Payment” optionSource: Diego Borges / Reproduction
2. On the next screen, press the “Start” button to start the registration process (as shown in the image below);
Click on “Start” to start your registrationSource: Diego Borges / Reproduction
You will need to switch the option to agree with the terms of service to continue your registrationSource: Diego Borges / Reproduction
4. Now you will need to create your PIN, which is a six-digit numeric password. You will then be asked if you want to create a biometric ID for the service. If you already have one registered on your smartphone, you can choose the option to use it;
5. Enter your full name and your CPF;
Enter your details to continue the registrationSource: Diego Borges / Reproduction
6. Now you need to enter your card details. If you have tried to register a card that is not accepted by the service, you will be notified immediately and must register another one;
Enter your credit card details that will be used in the serviceSource: Diego Borges / Reproduction
7. Next you will need to verify your card. For this, the service will send a numeric code to your email or to the bank’s application (options vary according to the financial institution);
Verify your card so that it is approved for the serviceSource: Diego Borges / Reproduction
8. Once verified and approved, your card is now able to send and receive money via Facebook Pay;
How to request or make payments through Whatsapp
1. To claim or make a payment through Whatsapp, you must first open the conversation with the person or establishment;
2. In the “+” symbol in the chat options, go to Payment;
In the conversation window with your contact, go to the “Payment” optionSource: Diego Borges / Reproduction
3. Then, on the top tab of the screen you will be asked to pay or request an amount. In the central part, you must enter the value to be requested or sent (as shown in the image below);
First you need to indicate whether the amount is a payment or a billing request. Then just enter the value and send it to the contactSource: Diego Borges / Reproduction
4. Now just wait for the person to make the payment or, if you have made a transfer, for the amount to be deducted from your card and sent to your contact.