Completed a game’s story mode, but only unlocked half of the trophies? Do you wander for hours in a game without knowing what to do because the missing trophies are hidden? If you’re, like us, on the hunt for a Platinum Trophy to flatter your PlayStation Network gamer ego, but a goddamn Bronze Trophy is still missing, here’s a quick tutorial that will earn you lots of time !
The trophy system is a clever invention. It artificially increases the lifespan of a game by harnessing player pride. The principle is simple: in addition to the goal inherent in the game scenario (free a princess, save the planet if not the galaxy, dismiss a tyrant, find adorable little cats or make delicious candies), the achievements offer you to fill additional and optional objectives.
Read also – Fortnite Mobile: 10 essential tips and tricks
Some must be obtained when you continue your game. Others are obtained by performing certain actions. Jump on the head of an enemy a number of times. Obtain a certain amount of money. Find all the treasures of a certain type. Etc. Obviously some are more difficult to obtain than others.
Take the example of Spider-Man Miles Morales on PlayStation 5, for example. You have ” Rhino Rodeo “, A trophy of history awarded for beating the Rhino. You have ” This is just the beginning “, A trophy of achievement that you get for unlocking all skills. Or ” A gift from Pete Which is obtained if you receive a gift from Peter Parker. Etc.
The trophies are thus classified into four categories: bronze, the easiest, silver, not very easy, and gold, rather difficult (even very difficult for some). The fourth category is ” platinum “. This is the holy grail of the player to the end. A Platinum In-Game Trophy is earned by simply unlocking all other in-game trophies. Also in Miles Morales, you have 50 trophies : 37 in bronze, 10 in silver, 2 in gold and last in platinum.
To make things a bit more spicy, developers are increasingly using the hidden trophy method. What is that ? This is a trophy that you do not know how to obtain. You see them in the list of trophies to obtain, but their logo is grayed out and their objective is not listed.
To continue with our example, out of the 50 Spider-Man Miles Morales trophies, 21 are hidden. Some are logical, like ” Under their noses Which is achieved by shutting down all Roxxon labs. Others a little less, like ” Punching pixels Which is earned by performing a Spectacular in a Spider-Training Combat Challenge. And others are downright capillotracted (which fortunately is not the case in our example).
So it’s common for some players to return to a finished game to get the last missing trophies, including the ” platinum “. But it’s a real waste of time to want a trophy without knowing where to look. Sony has therefore implemented a new feature that allows you to unveil a hidden trophy. That’s the whole point of this tutorial: to teach you how to discover them and, finally, how to get them.
Note that there are several methods. Two with a console (PS5 or PS4), one with thesmartphone app (Android and iOS) and one via a web browser, on the PlayStation portal (accessible from Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, etc.). We are going to cover them all to give you the choice of method. Some people will prefer to consult the conditions for obtaining a trophy directly with the console, while others will prefer not to exit the game and see the information on a secondary screen.
The method on PlayStation 5
Let’s start with the new console from Sony. You need to be connected to PlayStation Network and therefore to install the latest version of the console firmware if it is not already done (or if you have not set the installation of updates automatically. )
- If you are on the main menu of the console, Appointment on your profile.
- This can be accessed by navigating to your player avatar at the top right of the screen
- Choose the list of trophies
- Move the cursor on the game for which you want to reveal a hidden trophy
- Choose then the trophy card
- Press sure Cross to enter the detailed file of the trophy
- Press sure Option to display the information.
- When leaving the trophy card, it becomes hidden again.
The method on PlayStation 4
Let’s continue with the previous console from Sony. Here too you need to be connected to PlayStation Network and therefore to install the latest version of the console firmware. If not, the console will ask you to download and install it.
- Appointment first in the list of trophies. Two methods for this.
- The first is the fastest. On the home screen (above), next to your profile icon, is that of the trophies.
- Click on it to access the games list.
- Choose the one that interests you and press sure Cross to get his list of trophies.
- The second method consists of go through the profile
- From the main screen of the PS4, move to your profile icon
- Press sure Cross to view your information.
- Go down the cursor to Games.
- Press right and scroll through the game icons to the one you are interested in
- Press sure Cross to display its list of trophies.
- Once the list of trophies for a game is displayed, highlight the one that interests you
- Press sure Cross to view detailed information
- Press then on Square to reveal the details of the hidden trophy.
The method on the PlayStation App (Android and iOS)
The third method uses your smartphone. Here there is no difference between iOS and Android, since the application we are using here is the same on both operating systems.
- Download PlayStation App on the AppStore or the Play Store
- Open it and connect to your PlayStation account
- The first tab ” To play »Displays your recent activity
- If the desired trophy is part of a recently played game, pat on his trophies
- Otherwise, pat on your player icon
- Then pat on your list of trophies obtained
- You arrive on the full list of games you’ve played (PS5, PS4, PS3 and PS Vita)
- Find the game of the sought-after trophy and pat above
- Find the hidden trophy that interests you and pat also above
- Tap sure ” Show hidden information »To get the description
This application therefore provides access to the trophies, but also to the entire PlayStation universe: the official blog, the PlayStation Store, the games library (with the possibility of downloading a title directly to a PS4, a PS4 Pro or a PS5 ), send a message to a Party or respond to friend requests. It’s a great companion for all PlayStation gamers.
The method on the web (My.PlayStation.Com)
This method is useful if you do not have access to your smartphone or console. All it takes is a simple web browser to do this. We tested with Chrome, Safari and Edge. But Firefox or Opera also do the trick.
- Appointment at the address My.PlayStation.com
- Connect to your PlayStation account
- For that click on the button connection
- Come in your username and password
- Once in your account, click on the tab Trophies
- Choose the game for which you want to unveil the trophy
- Click on the button ” show hidden information “.
- If you close the window, the objective will be hidden again.
Note of course that the web is teeming with websites that help you find your missing goals without you having to dig through the hidden trophies of your account. There are even some that allow you to track your progress. One of the best known is PlayStationTrophies.org.