Samsung received Anatel approval for the Galaxy M62, the next intermediate smartphone with a lot of the brand’s battery. The device is basically the same phone launched under the name of Galaxy F62 in India and another point to draw attention in this model is the presence of a chip responsible for equipping the most powerful device of the Korean brand for 2019.
Samsung has been making it clear to the consumer that a cell phone with a lot of autonomy is not part of the yearnings for those looking for a Galaxy S or Note, not even the folding ones of the brand. After placing 7,000 mAh in the Galaxy M51, it is the M62’s turn to receive all this capacity for the internal battery tank. Launched internationally at the beginning of March this year, it was approved by Anatel at the end of last month.
Receiving this document guarantees the legality of the sale of the device in Brazilian lands, but it is not necessarily synonymous with immediate launch. Skipping the part with a cold water bath, the Galaxy M62 brings interesting numbers and data for those looking for an intermediary better able to function for a long time in the user’s hand.
On the outside it has a Super AMOLED screen of 6.7 inches, in Full HD + resolution and with a small hole for the camera responsible for selfies. Behind, a quadruple set of cameras takes pictures in macro, ultrawide and wide, in addition to measuring the distance to artificially apply a blurred background.
Even with all plastic body, inside the Galaxy M62 promises to deliver surplus performance for games, or else strength to last for a few years in the hands of the user. Samsung chose the same processor as the Galaxy Note 10 models, along with 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB or 256 GB of internal space – with the possibility of expansion with a microSD in a dedicated drawer.
Inside, the hardware is certainly capable, but what really stands out is the 7,000 mAh battery. Samsung’s promise is to last more than a full day, but I remember that the Galaxy M51 has the same tank size on this component and it arrived on the third day in moderate use.
To recharge all of this energy, a 25-watt adapter comes with the Galaxy M62 case, the same as the M51 and which in the older device took two full hours to charge an empty battery, putting 30% charge in half an hour.
Galaxy M62 can be national or imported
The homologation document at Anatel indicates the manufacturing location of the device and it contains Samsung’s addresses in Manaus (AM), Campinas (SP), along with two other international ones, one in Vietnam and the other in South Korea. present in the certificate guarantee the delivery of the headset, next to the charger in the box.
There is still no launch forecast for a new Galaxy smartphone in Brazil, but I believe that Samsung will launch the Galaxy M62 within the first half of this year.
Samsung Galaxy M62 – specs
- Screen: Super AMOLED Plus 6.7-inch Full HD + (2,400 x 1,080 pixels);
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 9825 2.7 GHz octa-core and Mali-G76 MP12 GPU;
- RAM: 8 GB;
- Internal storage: 128 GB or 256 GB, expandable by microSD card;
- Frontal camera: 32 megapixels (f / 2.2);
- Rear cameras:
- Main: 64 megapixels (f / 1.8);
- Ultrawide: 12 megapixels (f / 2.2);
- Macro: 5 megapixels (f / 2.4);
- Depth sensor: 5 megapixels (f / 2.4);
- Recording: 4K (3,840 x 2,160 pixels) at 30 fps;
- Drums: 7,000 mAh with 25 watt charger;
- Connections: 2G, 3G, 4G, Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac (dual band, or 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 with A2DP and LE, GPS (A-GPS, Glonass, Galileo and BDS), 3.5 mm headphone jack, USB-C with USB 2.0;
- Sensors: fingerprint reader on the side, accelerometer, light and proximity sensor;
- Operational system: Android 11 with One UI 3.1;
- Dimensions and weight: 163.9 x 76.3 x 9.5 mm, 218 grams.