Protesting nurses in Milan demanding better health facilities and equipment.
– Photo: PTI
Hear the news
People around the world are struggling with the corona virus crisis. According to the Worldometer, more than 85 lakh 78 thousand people have been infected by corona all over the world, while the death toll has crossed four lakh 56 thousand while more than 45 lakh 30 thousand people have been cured. At the same time, more than one lakh 20 thousand people have died due to corona in the world’s most affected country and more than 22 lakh 63 thousand people are infected. Read here all the updates related to corona worldwide …
Corona virus updates: –
Decrease in death due to Kovid-19 in America
- Despite the rapid resumption of business activity in the US states, the number of daily deaths from the corono virus has declined in recent weeks, but scientists fear the situation may reverse.
- Dr. Cyrus Schahper of ‘Resolve to Save Lives’, an NGO working to prevent the spread of the global pandemic, said that “it is too early to say that the death toll is decreasing and all is well” is.’
- According to an assessment by Johns Hopkins University data, the daily death toll from Kovid-19 across the country has come down to about 680 from 960 two weeks ago.
- It is believed that this decline has occurred for several reasons, including effective treatment and better efforts in hospitals and nursing homes to prevent infection and save people.
- Ali Mokdad, a professor of ‘health metrics’ science at the University of Washington, Seattle, said that lockdown restrictions in Florida, Georgia, Texas and Arizona were soon scrapped, leading to an increase in deaths from early June.
37 new cases were reported in China
- There have been 37 new cases of corona virus in China. Of these, 25 cases have been reported in Beijing.
- There are 183 patients currently undergoing treatment in Beijing.
- Health officials said on Friday that measures were being taken to curb the spread of corona in Beijing, just like wartime.
4084 cases a day in California
- There have been 4,084 cases a day in California. This is the highest number of cases reported in a single day so far.
- The Governor Gavin Newsom has issued an order to wear masks here.
Another new case of Corona in New Zealand
- A third case of corona has been reported on Thursday in New Zealand. New Zealand, one of the first countries in the world to declare itself virus-free, is once again witnessing an epidemic.
- A 60-year-old man has been found infected in new cases. Which flew from Lahore in Pakistan via Doha and Melbourne on 11 June.
Read here all the updates of 18 June (Thursday)