The curfew from 6 pm to 6 am extends to the entire territory from Saturday January 16, 2021. This is the new measure announced by Prime Minister Jean-Castex during his conference on January 14. We give you all the links to download the certificate and the documents required for your trips.
All French people will again have to change their habits as of Saturday, January 16, 2021. This time it is a small upheaval since the return to the dreaded confinement will not take place. At least for now. Unless a ” strong epidemic degradation In the coming days, the curfew introduced since mid-December will remain in place for at least 15 days.
However, the government decided advance the curfew start time to 6 p.m.. This measure was already in place in some departments since January 2, 2021. It has shown positive results according to the Prime Minister. Now it’s time for generalization in the face of the still worrying health situation.
How to download or complete the curfew certificate?
Not much has changed compared to the curfew already in place. Restrictions now start at 6 p.m. everywhere in France, And this until 6 a.m. the next day. The derogatory documents are always the same. You can download them here or generate the digital certificate using the links below.
Exceptional travel certificate
Proof of business trip
Proof of school trip
As usual, you will need to have your employer fill out the proof of business travel. The academic proof must also be provided by the learner’s establishment. In both cases, it is not necessary to have a curfew certificate.
However, non-salaried workers who cannot obtain a documentary evidence must travel with a certificate. For those who prefer to generate the travel certificate on a smartphone, it is still possible to do so from the TousAntiCovid application.
Curfews: what is prohibited and permitted during restricted hours
All essential and non-essential businesses will have to close at 6 p.m.. The restaurants, bars, cinema and theaters remain closed at all hours of the day. Ditto for museums and sports halls. It is also forbidden to play sports outside after 6 p.m. The exemptions planned by the government are the same as since mid-December.
- Travel between home and the place of exercise of professional activity or the place of education and training, professional travel cannot be postponed
- Travel for consultations and care that cannot be provided remotely and cannot be postponed or for the purchase of health products
- Travel for compelling family reasons, for assistance to vulnerable or precarious people or for childcare
- Travel for people with disabilities and their companions
- Travel to respond to a judicial or administrative summons
- Travel to participate in missions of general interest at the request of the administrative authority
- Travel related to rail, air or bus transits for long distance trips
- Short trips, within a maximum radius of one kilometer around the home for the needs of pets
What you risk by traveling without a certificate or proof
For lack of certification or justification, the amount of the fine is 135 €. In the event of non-payment, it is increased to € 375. And for any repeat offense within two weeks of the first offense, the fine increases to € 200. Repeated offenders are finally exposed to a fine of € 3,750 and 6 months in prison after three offenses in less than a month.