You Pokémon shiny — or shiny — are different color variants of the pocket monsters. They are present in Pokémon Legends: Arceus and can be captured on any map in the game, just be lucky. However, there are some methods that increase the chances of finding a glowing creature. Check out, below, tips on how to get shiny in Pokémon Legends: Arceus.
First of all, it is worth explaining how Pokémon: Legends Arceus calcula a chance of a glowing monster appearing on the map. The math can seem complicated at first, so let’s break it down a little bit.
What are the chances of finding shiny pokemon
At the beginning of the campaign, all players have an equal chance of finding a shiny Pokémon. For every 4096 monsters found, one of them will be glowing (1/4096).
By completing the Pokédex and participating in Outbreaks, it is possible to decrease this fraction by up to 32 times. With all the criteria met, you can find a shiny Pokémon for every 129 monsters seen, approximately (1/128,49).
How to increase the chance of finding shiny pokemon
To get to that chance, however, it is necessary to obey the four conditions at the same time:
- own the Shiny Charm in the backpack;
- be in the middle of a Mass Outbreak Where Massive Mass Outbreak the species of Pokémon you want to capture;
- To reach Pokédex research level 10 for the species of Pokémon you want to capture;
- unlock to perfect description of the Pokédex by completing all research tasks for the species of Pokémon you want to capture.
If you only meet one, two or three of these conditions, you don’t need to worry. Each requirement increases the chance of finding shiny Pokémon individually. Below we show you how they work:
Shiny Charm e Pokédex completa
O Shiny Charm is an item that significantly increases the chances of encountering a shiny Pokemon. To get the amulet, you must complete Hisui’s Pokédexwith research level 10 for all Pokémon species available in the region.
In other words, as soon as you receive the Shiny Charm, you will have already unlocked the criteria of having Pokédex research level 10 for the species of Pokémon you want to catch. Having these two requirements active, it becomes five times easier to find a shiny Pokemon around the map.
After completing the Pokédex, speak to Professor Laventon at any camp in the game. He will review your schedule and, if everything is ok, you will be taken to Jubilife Village to receive the Shiny Charm.
To know if a Pokémon’s research has reached level 10, just look for a Poké Ball stamp next to its name in the Pokédex. It is not necessary to complete all tasks to reach level 10 — unless you want to unlock the perfect description for a specific little monster.
Perfect Pokédex Description
If you want to further increase the chance of finding a specific type of shiny Pokémon, you can unlock the perfect species description on Pokédex.
To do this, just complete all research tasks of the little monster you want to hunt. It’s hard work, but highly recommended and rewarding in the end.
Mass Outbreaks e Massive Mass Outbreaks
You Outbreaks are mechanics unique to Pokémon: Legends Arceus which greatly increase appearances of shiny Pokémon. During these “surges”, specific—and random—types of Pokémon appear in droves at certain points on each map.
As many more Pokémon of the same species appear together and at the same time, the probability of finding a shiny is much higher. It is worth mentioning, however, that there are differences between Mass Outbreaks and Massive Mass Outbreaks.
Mass Outbreaks begin to happen throughout the campaign. Each game area can only have one active Mass Outbreak at a time. On the full map, you can see the portrait of the Pokémon that is infesting the region. Upon arriving at the site, you can capture up to 15 monsters of the same species in a few minutes.
Already Massive Mass Outbreaks arrived in the Daybreak update. They work similarly to Mass Outbreaks, but instead of just appearing one horde of a species, they spawn various pokemon outbreaks across the entire length of the map.
To unlock Massive Mass Outbreaks, however, you must end the campaign from Pokémon Legends: Arceus e complete a side quest offered by Mai at Obsidian Fieldlands Heights Camp.
Tips for getting shiny in Pokémon Legends: Arceus
Obeying the four criteria above, it is much easier to find a shiny in Pokémon Legends: Arceus. Now that you know all that, here are some tips to optimize your glowing monster hunt:
- Disable autosave in game settings. When a shiny appears, save your progress manually and try to capture it. If it fails, restart the game and try again until you succeed;
- Estoque Ultra Balls, Feather Balls, Wing Balls e Jet Balls. While Ultra Balls have the highest catch chance among “normal” Poké Balls, Feather, Wing, and Jet Balls travel fast and in a straight line, making it easier to catch from a distance;
- Have a Pokémon with False Swipe on your team. If you go into battle against a shiny Pokemon, use the False Swipe move to bring it to one health point, without risk of knocking it out and losing its capture.
Pokemon without shiny version (shiny locked)
Some Pokémon found in Hisui are shiny locked — that is, they do not have a bright version with a different color. Most of them are legendary Pokémon, but there are also some common species that are locked out.
In the numerical order of Hisui’s Pokédex, the little monsters without shiny version from Pokémon Legends: Arceus are:
- O starter pokemon received from Professor Laventon at the start of the game;
- Vulpix of Alola from Application 83;
- Alpha Cricket tune from Mission 5;
- Alpha Overqwil from Mission 15;
- Alpha Goodra de Hisui from Mission 14;
- Unown received by clues from the Unown Research Notes;
- Alpha Zoroark de Hisui from Mission 16;
With information: Eurogamer.