Laptops with an AMD processor are becoming less rare in Brazil. This Thursday (13), Acer officially launched in the country two models based on the Ryzen line: the new versions of the gamer notebook Acer Aspire Nitro 5 It’s from Acer Aspire 3, this turned to everyday life.
Acer Aspire Nitro 5
The Aspire Nitro 5 comes in three “flavors”: the most advanced with AMD Ryzen 7 chip, the other two with Ryzen 5.
Let’s start with the first. Identified as AN515-43-R4C3, it has the Ryzen 7 quad-core 3750H, 8 GB of RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 GPU with 4 GB of memory, in addition to 128 GB SSD accompanied by 1 TB HD.
The screen consists of a 15.6-inch IPS LCD panel and full HD resolution. Acer draws attention to ComfyView technology, which reduces reflections on the screen to make viewing more comfortable. Another highlight given by the company: the edges around the screen are much thinner compared to the previous generation of Nitro 5.
Attention to the operating system: it is Endless OS, a Linux distribution that, presumably, was placed here to lower the final price of the equipment.
For those looking for more affordable options, Acer launched the versions AN515-43-R9K7 and AN515-43-R59W for the Aspire Nitro 5 line. Both are very similar to the previous notebook, excess for being equipped with Ryzen 5 3550H processor.
In addition, the AN515-43-R9K7 notebook comes with a 1 TB hard drive accompanied by a 256 GB SSD and an Endless OS operating system. The AN515-43-R59W comes with a 1TB HDD, 128GB SSD and Windows 10.
In common, all versions of the Nitro 5 have an ABNT2 keyboard with LED backlight, 720p webcam, battery with an estimated autonomy of 7 hours and the CoolBoost cooling system, now 10% more efficient than the previous generation.
Sales of the AMD chip Nitro 5 have already started. According to Acer, suggested prices start at R $ 5,299.
Acer Aspire 3
The new versions of Aspire 3 with AMD chip appear as options for everyday use. The line already had Ryzen 3 and 5 processors. In addition to options with these chips, the update announced today introduces two versions with a Ryzen 7 3700U quad-core processor.
Are the models A315-42G-R1FT and A315-42G-R2LK. Apart from the aforementioned chip, both have a Radeon 540X GPU with 2 GB of memory, a 15.6-inch screen with HD resolution and thin edges, as well as an ABNT2 keyboard with numeric keys on the right.
The differences are in the memories: while the A315-42G-R1FT brings 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB SSD, the A315-42G-R2LK model offers 12 GB of RAM and 512 GB SSD.
The new Aspire 3 line has an initial suggested price of R $ 3,099 (value for the Ryzen 3 chip version).
Acer Aspire Nitro 5 with AMD chip – technical sheet
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3750H or Ryzen 5 3550H
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 with 4 GB of GDDR5 + AMD Radeon RX Vega 10 integrated
- RAM: 8 GB of 2,666 MHz DDR4 expandable to up to 32 GB
- Screen: 15.6 inch, 1920 × 1080 pixel, 60 Hz IPS LCD
- Storage: 1 TB HDD + NVMe SSD up to 256 GB
- Drums: four cells (55 Wh) with autonomy of up to 7 hours
- Connectivity: 802.11ax Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, Gigabit Ethernet, HDMI (1), USB-C (1), USB 3.1 type A (2), USB 2.0 type A (1), headphone connection
- Operational system: Endless OS or Windows 10
- Others: Kensington lock, ABNT2 keyboard with LED backlight, two speakers with Dolby Audio Premium, 720p webcam
Acer Aspire 3 with Ryzen 7 – specs
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700U
- GPU: AMD Radeon 540X with 2 GB of GDDR5
- RAM: 8 GB or 12 GB of DDR4 expandable to 32 GB
- Screen: 15.6-inch TN LCD, 1366 × 768 pixels and 60 Hz
- Storage: NVMe SSD up to 512 GB
- Drums: three cells (36 Wh) with autonomy of up to 5 hours
- Connectivity: 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, Gigabit Ethernet, HDMI (1), USB 3.1 type A (1), USB 2.0 type A (2), headphone connection
- Operational system: Windows 10
- Others: Kensington lock, ABNT2 keyboard with numeric keys, two speakers, 640 × 480 pixel webcam