Korean food is currently increasingly favored by the people of Indonesia, from various age groups. There are many restaurants and cafes, which serve Korean dishes that are present in various parts of Indonesia.
For those of you who want to taste Korean food, there is no need to go to expensive restaurants, there are many simple Korean food menus that are easy to make at home. Reporting from BuzzFeed and Tara’s Multicultural Table, these five Korean snack recipes are perfect for you who want to try making Korean food yourself cheaply and easily!
1. Korean Egg Dumplings
- Three eggs
- One leek stalk
- One pack of glass noodles
- One tablespoon of soy sauce
- One spoonful of sugar
- One spoonful of sesame oil
- Cut the leeks in half vertically, then cut back horizontally into small pieces.
- Turn on the stove, then boil water in a pan.
- When the water boils, add the glass noodles, cook for 5 minutes.
- Put the boiled glass noodles in the bowl.
- Add one tablespoon of soy sauce and sesame oil and 1 teaspoon of sugar, then stir until evenly distributed.
- Cut the glass noodles seasoned with a knife or scissors.
- Add 3 eggs, chopped green onion, and stir well.
- Heat cooking oil in a frying pan, add the oval-shaped dough and fold it in half when the mixture is half cooked.
- Once cooked, remove and drain, egg dumplings are ready to be served.
2. Nurungji (Crunchy Rice Crust)
- White rice to taste
- One spoonful of mineral water rice
- Put enough rice into the Teflon that has been heated, then add a spoonful of mineral water rice.
- Flat the rice wide following the shape of the Teflon, then cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn the dough when the back turns brown, then when the two halves turn brown, lift it.
- Narungji is ready to eat.
Also Read: 5 Processed Dates Recipe Ideas for Snacks, Simple and Addictive!
3. Churros Ddeok (Korean-style Churros)
Continue reading the article below
- Ddeok (Korean rice cakes) to taste
- One tablespoon of granulated sugar
- One tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- One piece of plastic
- Prepare Teflon then heat the cooking oil.
- Add the rice cake with a scupper on top of the pre-heated Teflon, fry until golden brown.
- Make churros seasoning by mixing sugar and cinnamon one tablespoon in plastic, then shake the plastic containing the seasoning.
- Put cooked rice cakes in the seasoning mixture in plastic, then shake it.
- Korean-style churros ddeok are ready to be served.
4. Pajeon (Korean Scallion Pancake)
- One onion
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/4 flour
- Leeks to taste
- Two tablespoons of flour
- Four tablespoons of mineral water
- Cut the leeks about 7 cm long.
- Cut the onion thinly.
- Cut carrots thin vertically.
- Prepare a bowl, then put two tablespoons of vegetables into a bowl, add four tablespoons of mineral water, then stir. Add one pinch of salt.
- Add the chopped vegetables to the flour mixture and stir well.
- Put the mixture in Teflon with cooking oil that has been heated, after being cooked remove the dough.
- Korean-style pancakes ready to be served.
5. Goguma Mattang (Korean Sweet Potato)
- Two medium sweet potatoes
- Cooking oil
- Three tablespoons of honey
- One tablespoon of brown sugar powder
- One tablespoon of cooking oil
- Sesame seeds to taste
- Peel the sweet potato skin then cut into cubic shapes about 1 inch thick, then wash with clean water.
- Put the potatoes that have been washed into the pan, fill the pan with cooking oil try to fill the pan, then cook for 5 minutes until the potatoes are brown and soft, then drain.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of sugar, honey and oil into the pan, add the cooked potatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Once cooked, serve sweet potatoes, don’t forget to sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
How? It’s easy to make it. If you have free time, don’t hesitate to try making five simple Korean snacks above!
IDN Times Community is a media that provides a platform for writing.
All written works are the sole responsibility of the author.